The Woes of "Hurry Up and Wait"

It's now almost 2:00 on Wednesday--exactly one week since my interview in DC. I really could not have asked for it to have gone better. By the end, the employer was impressed with my skills, my experience, and the fact that I had done my homework on their organization. She said they would make a decision by the end of this week, but I had hoped that it would be sooner.

In the meantime, I have been debating in my head whether or not I will get an offer. On the one hand, I am overqualified and more than experienced in the field. But what if they didn't like me as well as I thought? What if they want someone with less experience, more junior than me? I'm having thoughts like, "I will be devastated if I don't get it." But, really, what if I don't? I've taken time off from the exhausting process of applying, which has contributed to a "putting my eggs in one basket" way of being as I wait to hear.

I hope and pray to hear sometime tomorrow before SCL and I leave for vacation (!!!) on Friday and I will be totally unreachable. When planning the trip, that sounded like a fabulous idea, but now it seems more inconvenient than anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment