What better way to end the decade of crushing student loan debt, bad e-Harmony dates, and entry-level jobs than with a trip down to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! Guess which house the Sorting Hat chose for me?
Things I learned about visiting a theme park as an adult:
1. Apparently I now get motion sickness on roller coasters. This was not a fun thing to figure out mid-way through the first ride. I didn't puke on anyone, but I felt like I might which was almost as bad.
2. When it comes to waiting in lines (and we had a Express Passes!), the point of diminishing return was somewhere around the fifteen minute mark, at which time I would have preferred to sit in the air conditioned lounge of our hotel and drink a Bud Light.
3. By around 3 pm, I was ready to punch nearly every loud, obnoxious teeny-bopper in the face.
4. The extra ten minute wait for riding in the front row of the roller coaster was TOTALLY not worth it. (See points 1 and 2).
5. I'm still young enough that the recreations of Hogsmeade and Hogwarts gave me the chills. Every. Single. Time. I hope I'm never too old for that!