Here's the back story to this. You may remember how I almost got the job of my dreams a few weeks ago. Just when I was beginning to get over that, I found out that one of my colleagues, who has been fed up with the nonsense in our office for a long time, has found another position and will be leaving at the end of the month. Truth be told, I'm jealous that she got what we both wanted--a way out--and nervous about what will happen when she does leave. I'm predicting a serious shit-hits-fan moment, which will leave the rest of us remaining to do a lot of dirty work.
I feel like I've been waiting, waiting, waiting since I graduated college, and damnit, I'm fed up! In my head at any given time I'm thinking one or several of the following things:
- I don't know that I like working in DC or that I will ever get where I want to go if I stay here.
- I really want to be doing more independent work.
- My bosses are going to freak out when my colleague leaves.
- I really want to be a minister/get my license to be a pastoral counselor/work in a Faith Based Organization/be an event planner.
- My organization is taking advantage of me by not paying me what I'm worth.
Post a Comment