Pages

28

Today's my 28th birthday! So to celebrate, here are 28 awesome things that have happened this year.

1. I met my BFF Katie.
2. I went to California for the first (and second) time.
3. I got to go into the United Nations.
3. I met Geena Davis and made her laugh.
4. I hooked up with a beautiful man at the beach.
5. I got a raise.
6. I moved into a room with a whirlpool tub.
7. I traveled the US with women from Kenya and Sierra Leone.
8. I lost 20 pounds and 2 dress sizes.
9. I took a much needed break from online dating.
10. I spent New Year's with my childhood best friend.
11. I started a women's faith & spirituality group.
12. I turned down a board position I didn't have time for.
13. I joined a new gym and discovered Zumba.
14. I WENT TO MALAWI!!! (Last year on my birthday, I said, "Maybe my job will take me 6000 miles away." I wasn't quite right--it actually took me 7902 miles away!)
15. I discovered Birchbox.
16. I maxed out my IRA contribution.
17. I went to my 5-year college reunion.
18. I bought myself an iMac.
19. I danced on stage at the Kennedy Center.
20. I successfully gave up alcohol for Lent.
21. I got one of my bishops to agree to meet with a member of Congress on women's health matters.
22. I saw the Rocky Mountains for the first time.
23. I published one of my liturgical pieces in a book.
24. I went back to church.
25. I joined a Bocce team and we won our first season!
26. I gave up watching wedding shows.
27. I performed Cee Lo's "F*** You" at karaoke more times than I can count.
28.  I learned that I am enough.

10 comments:

  1. Great list of accomplishments for the year! I know it's hard to not get bogged down in the weeds with everything going on with your ex, but based on this list alone, it seems like you're making progress and have come a long way. Keep your mind on that when it gets tough. Happy Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. Happy birthday and many happy returns. i pray that God would give u a great birthday gift and that by this time next year, your heart desires would be met and you would be in a much better place.

    Enjoy.. kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great list! Have a wonderful birthday lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! It sounds like you really did a LOT in the past year so I can't wait to see what 28 holds for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great list. Happy Birthday, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have done some awesome things missy! Its so encouraging to see you kickin a**! Happy Birthday! =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! (I'm a little late catching up...sorry)

    I wish you much more awesome-ness in the year to come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooohhh i am a day late...Happy Birthday Sugar!!!

    look at all you have ccomplished at 28...oh wow...i want to be like you :).

    You are enough...

    ReplyDelete