Pages

Everything is About to Change

This weekend was like a dream. Part of me still wonders if it happened at all. Could it really be this easy? Could I have actually found someone with whom I have a real connection?

I spent four glorious days with my boss L, her husband, and his son. There was some definite build-up and anticipation going into it; L had been talking about this guy for nearly a year, and I felt sheepish about being set up. But, the awkwardness melted as soon as he made me laugh the first time.

I've never laughed so much. And I didn't realize until then how important it is to laugh with someone--and how I never really did that with my ex. It was then that I realized I'd been settling for something less than I deserved. He had brought me down; being with him made me feel less like myself.

Now I feel like I'm floating. I'm scared and excited. But more than anything, I am feeling closer to my real self than I have in months. And I can't wait to see him again.


11 comments:

  1. Do you really think it's a good idea to date your bosses son? I keep thinking of that saying, "Don't sleep where you eat" (Or something like that.). I would tread very lightly and carefully. This could be a potentially disastrous situation. This guy may be her son, but that doesn't mean she knows EVERYTHING about him, and what if he turns out to be all funny and charming and shit but doesn't really treat girlfriends that well? The boss will take her son's side, rest assured. And the next thing you know...the job you like becomes the situation from hell. I just don't think you should mess wid yo money, and dating the bosses son just may do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Cheers to butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is my boss's stepson, not son. And I am a contractor, not her employee. Maybe it will blow up in my face, but I am willing to take a chance on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. no comparisons with the EX pls...

    I cant wait for you to see him again and lay down the gist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thought, doll. Something my therapist said in our session today, in fact! I meant it more that I never thought I could have better, but now I know that I can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's good that you're not her direct employee. And that he's just her stepson, which I do think would make a big difference. So...in that case....go for it! You deserve to have someone make you smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. its like office romance. it might work or not. i took my chances and it worked out for me. its dangerous but its not a No NO.

    See i should have been a therapist! i missed my calling

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was going to warn you about jumping into a new relationship while your ex is still such an emotional trigger, but then I realized that's exactly what I did when my bf & I first started dating...1.5 years ago.

    So, it can work. There will be bumps (until you are truly over all that SCL business), but things could certainly turn out well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy for you!! Have a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete