Pages

Sassy New Single Life: Kickball Edition

I mentioned in my first Sassy New Single Life post that one of my best friends signed me up for a kickball team. This was something I'd wanted to do since I moved here but never did. Part of that was my own laziness, but the other part was that SCL didn't really want to play. I thought it would've been something fun for us to do together, so when he didn't want to, I just never signed up. Bummer, huh?

Yesterday was the opening of the NAKID (No, Adult Kickball Isn't Dumb) games. At first I didn't really want to go because I was exhausted from the weekend. But I'm really glad that I did because it was so much fun. I was a little apprehensive about it. I had flashbacks to elementary school and thinking it was going to be all the cool kids on the team, and I'd be off on the sidelines, ostracized as both the new kid AND the nerd. So not true. My team was awesome, and I fit right in.

Now the real games started at the bar afterward. Again, I was a little nervous about it. Flip cup? Beer pong? I hadn't played those since college. But kind of like riding a bike, those flips of the cup and throws of the ping pong ball came right back to me. It was a blast and by the fourth or so round of flip cup, I was getting it on the first try. I didn't even know that I enjoyed silliness like that anymore!

Kickball was also my first opportunity to flirt and be flirted with. I'd forgotten that I was cute and fun, and it was really flattering to know that there will be other guys out there who are attracted to me. Now, I don't think kickball is exactly where I want to meet my next boyfriend, but for now, it's definitely a good ego boost to have boys pay attention to me.

Next time though, I think I may keep better track of how many beers I have...

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, kickball. I can't even think of the last time I played that! Sounds like you had an awesome time, I'm kind of jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, Krysten, you should find a team! It was a blast, and I can't wait until next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like fun! Kickball is very big in Baltimore too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cee, you should definitely play! It's so ridiculous and fun. I would recommend it to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that sounds awesome! Since my breakup I have been working on eating healthier, which means significantly reducing processed foods, even the "healthy" ones. I have started making my own yogurt (it's really easy) for breakfasts, and today I'm making English muffin pizzas with tomato sauce from scratch as well as vegetarian shepherd's pie (for work lunches). It's amazing how much better homemade things taste!

    Also, I meet regularly with a knitting group that I started a couple of years ago, around the time I met my ex. The friends I've made through that have kept me quite busy, and so for the first time ever I'm actually having a hard time finding time to date! It is such a self-esteem booster that I have a busy, full life, with or without a guy.

    -AT

    ReplyDelete
  6. AT, awesome! Love your attitude. You can help keep me in check. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great. I have been reading some of your blog. I'm going through a break-up as well, or life makeover if you will. I was dating some guy that doesn't honor who I am...why, who knows. I am playing soccer now, and I love the kickball idea. That sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anon, sounds like you're doing great! I used to play soccer, but I think I'm a bit too out of shape to do that right now. :-P Glad you're reading the blog!

    ReplyDelete