Pages

Blogger Meet Up: First "Date" with Date me, D.C.!

I don't know about you, but meeting a friend for the first time is pretty much just as scary as a first date. So, when Katie over at Date me, D.C.! (perhaps the funniest/most terrifying blog of all time) invited me to sneak into a friend's pool yesterday afternoon, I was nervous, excited, and feeling slightly insecure. Would Katie like me? Think I'm cool? What if it's awkward and she doesn't want to see me again? This was my first blog meet-up, and I wanted it to go well.

Now this first date had taken a good while to plan. Katie and I live a mere four blocks from each other (some coincidence, huh?) and she's invited me to several things, including my all-time favorite activity, karaoke. Each time I've had something else going on, and I felt bad that I could never hang out. So when I had no plans yesterday, I jumped at the chance to meet up. It was the perfect day to lounge by the pool, even if it did require cajoling our way into the mega-secured apartment building (nothing like the one SCL and I shared where they'd let anyone who showed up into the building). Katie told me she had a "pool pass" which ended up being a quite useless piece of neon-green colored paper that no one checked when what we really needed was a damn key card.

But, the afternoon was fantastic! As it turns out, Katie is even more awesome than she seems in her blog---totally sassy, hilarious, and fun. Why some amazing guy hasn't scooped her up yet is beyond me because she is fucking fabulous. She also has a fantastic group of friends who are equally fun and funny, and I hope to hang out with them again some time.

I hope this is the first of many dates, and hopefully none of them are bad enough to end up on her blog. And if you haven't read her blog yet, get your ass over there asap!

7 comments:

  1. Awwww you're awesome! I had fun too, and consider yourself invited to anything I've got going on in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you didn't even wait three days to contact me! Score.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. Yay! That sounds like so much fun. I love how blogging has turned into making friends-it's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I've been 1 blogger in person and she's awesome AND I'm having a bigger meet up this month that I am SO excited for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I'm part of the meet-up Krysten is talking about... I'm so excited about it! It's later this month and a handful of blogger girls are meeting. Can't wait to see ya girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for a successful first date! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you and Katie have become friends! Katie is so amazing and so much fun to hang out with. Sorry my old apartment building was so strict about letting you guys into the pool. They didn't start doing that until AFTER we moved out and had to turn in our FOB, of course.

    ReplyDelete