Pages

It's Just a Little Crush.

I am insanely smitten with Mr. Navy. Oh, it's so bad. See, this is why I do not get drunk and kiss beautiful boys because when I do, it's like I just hand them my heart in a damn zip-lock bag! Gah. I'm not used to being this girl. I felt bad bugging my friend L about him, but she's my only line to his thoughts. She said, "Don't worry. He likes you. Give him until the end of the week to contact you."

And if he doesn't, then what? Ok, just breathe. We are not even close to that point yet.

Despite my desire to stay home and pore over pictures from this weekend, I had a date to get to--Mr. Litigation. We met up at Teaism, one of my favorite DC places, in Penn Quarter just by the Verizon Center. I kept seeing people in bizarro outfits and was like, "WTF is going on?" Then I realized: Gaga concert! For a split second I had high hopes that Mr. Litigation had actually purchased us tickets for the concert. Damn, that would've been hot. Might have blown Mr. Navy out of the water.

Even without Gaga, we had a really wonderful time. He was easy to talk to, funny, and easy-going. He's the oldest of six, and I loved hearing how close his family is. He did at one point mention that his sister was involved with Campus Crusade and I got a bit concerned until he mentioned doing a lot of meditation. We ended up talking for an hour about Buddhism and meditation. He even told me how to sit more comfortably--roll up a yoga mat and sit on top of it. It forces you to have a straight back--I will have to try it.

He was a really nice guy and a great distraction from Mr. Navy, though he was not really my type physically. But it's really good for me to keep meeting new people and not focus so much on this one guy. Even though he is beautiful. And smart. And sweet. And a fantastic kisser.

Oh, I am such a goner with this one.

P.S. My friend Z from the weekend texted me to say, "You and Mr. Navy are totally getting married. My few friends who are married I've been there when they met." I know it's ridiculous, but this makes me feel all giddy!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness you are SOOOO smitten! He better freaking contact you or I may have to come out there ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you never know! I've been dating my "rebound man" for a little over 2 years now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo! A crush! Nothing wrong with that! Hopefully it develops into something further...but if not, at least you can squeeze it for all it's worth!

    But...I kind of am also pulling for Dr. Nutrition :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good grief. I am so behind on your life.

    BUT. I am coming back in on what looks like a good part.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHHH! This is the cutest post EVER! I want this, I want this, I want this. I haven't had a crush in FOREVER!!! I cannot WAIT to see how this pans out...and if he's anything WORTH being with, he'll call. You're way too awesome for him not to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oohh this is so exciting!!!!!!!.... i miss the feeling of crushes and anticipating for calls lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having a crush is the best feeling in the world. Makes our steps a little lighter, our outlook on life a bit sunnier. I can't wait to see how it all pans out and hope he calls soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOOT WOOT!!! Go YOU!!! You seem so happy!

    ReplyDelete